Saturday, May 15, 2010

Year 2K in makeup

Yes, I know: I haven’t been posting recently, and that’s because I’ve moved. It’s been quite an entangled and disorganized relocation, although I moved just a few blocks from my former residence. Anyways, it’s a good opportunity to take stock of all your possessions and to get rid of all the clutter. In my case, box after box of fabric remnants I’ve kept “just in case” they might become useful someday.
On the other hand, cool, forgotten stuff tends to resurface. I browsed through (and gave away) an amazingly large number of old magazines (how on earth can so much fuddle be piled up by one individual, I wonder?): Vogue, Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, what-have-you. I’m already missing those wonderful photographs, but, after all, they were just sitting there in a corner.
Some of them were quite pertaining to this blog. Take, for instance, these pics from the Nov. 2000 issue of Flaunt:



Make up Up your Mind

Editor Paul Starr
Hair Johnny Sapong

A touch of discreet, not too noticeable makeup for boys, is suggested in this editorial: just some light foundation and a hint of eye-shadow. 
Lipstick, on the other hand, is used more lavishly. 







No comments:

Post a Comment